Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

All good things come to an end


My friend circle was limited initially and I barely had any interaction with other people in the class. In the first semester we all stuck to our respective groups and healthy rivalry prevailed for quite some time. Second semester was the season of revolution. Protests were held as the issue of degree was taken up. An interesting & eventful first year came to an end.

CMS became a deserted place in the second year as not many used to turn up for the classes. First year’s charm withered away. Third semester saw many ups and downs. The perceptions we had about one another changed, from being bitter rivals and foes, people became friends and from being friends, some became acquaintances. Some drifted apart, some came close. Ours was a lot of regular students in journalism. Corp commites also used to come and so the camaraderie among us began. Fourth semester was a rollercoaster ride and we were all taken in for a surprise. The unforgettable trip was its highlight which brought everyone close.

I know it sounds clichéd to say this but yes I do wonder how fast the time has flown by. I feel terrible now as the countdown has begun before it all gets over. The clock is ticking and time is slipping away quickly. When I had set for this journey, I had no idea what shape things would take. I know people in my class who would be more than happy to get rid of this place as they never liked things here. Yes, things were frustrating at times and they did get on my nerves. We all had our share of disappointments; dirty politics sucked big time, the system was fucked up badly. But still this place will always be special to me. Every corner of the college will remind me of something. I know some of you won’t agree with me on this. A few days back, Megha told me she won’t really miss the place as she didn’t really come to college that often but she would miss the people and times she spent with all of us. But for us, it is different as we will equally miss the place. I fell in love with this place gradually as I spent most of my time here. The place worked for me because of the people who were around me. I came across some amazing people, had a great time, laughed till my stomach ached & tears rolled down my cheeks, had some silly fights & pulled one another’s leg, played pranks, annoyed one another with our mischievous acts & now there is a feeling of uneasiness as it’s time to say goodbye.

You guys became a special part of my life in such a short span of time and now I have such fond memories to live with. I have so many things on my mind to say but I’m falling short of words to express myself. Some of us are going empty- handed from here but not me. I’m taking so many beautiful memories which will always make me smile and cry at the same time.

So far, this journey has been superb. I’ll miss each one of you guys. I don’t know about others but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. There were small things which touched my heart and filled it with immense happiness.

Things that I’ll miss the most:-
1. Old classroom and all the masti we did there
2. Talking, eating and sleeping at the back bench while the teacher used to teach
3. Watching movies in the studio or classroom or tutorial
4. Sitting and chatting in the sound lab
5. Having chit-chat sessions over a cup of tea and snacks while spending time sitting in the ground
6. Having lunch together in the canteen
7. Having Ice-cream after lunch and looking for a Bakra who would be willing to pay for everybody’s ice-cream
8. Playing music at full volume and dancing as if there would be no tomorrow
9. Working under tremendous pressure in order to meet the deadlines and running from pillar to post at the last moment to make up for all those days when we were busy having fun
10. Exploring new places & experiencing a different world with Group-A and Group-C while working together
11. Hurling abuses at one another out of love and affection
12. Playing pranks and pulling one another’s leg
13. Working in Group-A with a bunch of crazy people who drove me nuts as we did street play which never really had a script, did puppetry for which we never re-hearsed and blah, blah ,blah...the list goes on... but all said and done I loved my group and if I were given a chance, I wouldn’t have switched to any other group
14. Working in Group-C which was always a pleasure. We all ended up having a good time while working
15. Mimicking all our classmates, teachers and staff members at USMC
16. Pummy bhaiyya's ginger tea
17. Ambrish Sir's grilling sessions in the morning

We found solace in small things and took pleasure in simple things that life had to offer. At times, it was just a cup of coffee or soup in the chilly winters, or a plate of maggi or momos that was enough to fill our empty stomachs. At times, it was the never-ending silly conversations or simply chilling out with friends. No matter where we all started this journey from, the best part is that we all became friends at the end of the journey and things are ending on a good note.

2 comments: